Wednesday 6 August 2014

I Left the House and I Liked It

This week, the incomparable Pixiwoo sisters, Nic and Sam, from Real Techniques are touring around the UK, promoting their brush line and meeting their devoted fans. If you haven't been to a meet up, you are missing out. They are the loveliest, most genuine women I have met in a long time.

I had the pleasure of attending their meet and greet at Superdrug Marble Arch this week and was pleasantly surprised to find that they, and their Real Techniques Brand Manager, Stacey DeGarmo, remembered me from last year's meet.

Last Year
Last Year
This year, I ventured a little further and popped into a few delicious beauty outlets for the very first time ever. First, I went into Liberty of London (oh, so pretty), but I didn't stay long. I just bought 1 thing!


REN Cleansing Milk - Repurchase
Then it was time to discover the joys of Pixi; the sweetest looking shop where again, I bought 1 thing!
Yay for me and my self-control!


Pixi Glow Tonic - Recommended by Caroline Hirons
With that little adventure out of the way (it had to be done, because I have no idea when I'll be in the neighbourhood again), I got to my final destination. An hour early. I was first in the queue. And it got long; really long.

Behind the Scenes - Setting up
Beautiful Brushes
Sam and Nic arrived and we had a little chat and had some hugs. We didn't natter for too long because of that really long queue.

It was really nice and I am glad I went. They even signed my shiny new brush (I bought a Stippling Brush, so I got this one as a present. I like presents).

I May Never Use This
Of course, we took pictures again.

Last Year
This Year


Thank you Ladies for a great day out for me! It was so very nice to see you again.

This is my Real Techniques brush collection – small, but growing.

So Purdy
It was a good day. I like those.