Tuesday 5 August 2014

Dry Eyes are Like Global Warming

The other day, I went to my Tesco and had my eyes tested. To my surprise, the optometrist told me I had dry eyes. Well, no, it wasn't that much of a surprise. My mother had told me that her and her mom have something called Sjögren’s Syndrome, which is an autoimmune thing that causes dry eyes, among other things.

When she told me and described the symptoms I was like ahhh, that's why my eyes get itchy, burny and tired and feel sandy and stuff.

It is also the reason that when I am trying very hard to get my eye makeup to look half decent, my eyes betray me and start watering all over the place.

Such fun!

So, dry eyes - super watery deluge flood.

I have booked a GP appointment for a diagnosis.

I will keep you posted. If you like.

I think I will go cut some cucumber slices and put them on my eyes right now.

Bye.