Saturday 19 January 2019

January Sales 2019 Part One - Liora's First Haul Ever

January sales in the UK are legendary, with many people crossing The Channel to indulge in some great shopping deals from all sorts of retailers from high street to high end.

I am not immune to the siren song of 50% off so I did a little bit of recreational shopping of my own. It all started very innocently - to buy my three year old daughter some of her own makeup so she would leave my stuff alone. There were, however, a few little bits that I could not resist buying for myself.

I did not go mad. I controlled myself a lot. In fact, I did not buy myself any makeup at all. No, I lie; I bought one small thing, but we'll get to that in part two.

First, let’s talk about Liora's first ever (tiny) makeup haul. We went to Boots and it was madness but we kept our cool, especially Liora who was so incredibly well behaved and, I am quite pleased to say, more interested in the other children than the sparkly things on the shelves.

We picked up a set of three ombre eye brushes in a liquid glitter pouch by Skinny Dip.  It's basically all she needs - a flat shader brush, a fluffy domed crease brush and an angled blending brush. The brushes are nice and soft and she L.O.V.E.S them. They were the last ones, sorry. They were £7.50.


We also found another 'last on the shelf' item - the Unicorns Want to be Me makeup palette by Missguided.


The shadows are quite pigmented, in my view, and quite soft, so we have a minor glitter everywhere problem, right now. Liora is having a great time using her lovely brushes to apply shimmery makeup all around her eyes, so she can look like Disco Raccoon. Needless to say, she does not have free reign and only gets them when I have the strength to deal.

Anyway, moving swiftly along, we have an additional palette that was bought based on price alone -
£4.25 after a 50% discount for the Colours by technic 48 shadow palette. At that price, you can't really go wrong, well, you can, if you, like, have a massive allergic reaction or something, but failing that, no, less than a fiver for 48 shadows is a pretty good deal.


This palette is not for now. It is for when the other one gets finished or dropped or destroyed in some other manner. It has a nice variety of colours, which, to my mind are not very pigmented, but for a three year old, I am OK with that. 

What makeup do your kids have? Do you even approve? Let me know in the comments!

On to part two!