Sunday 6 January 2019

A Body Brush for Small Hands

The other day, I spent some online time with my new YouTube bestie, Nadine Baggott.

Specifically, I was watching one of the Beauty Hags videos where they talk about beauty hacks.

I quite liked the idea of dry body brushing and thought I would give it a try. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, body brushing stimulates blood flow, removes dry skin, supports good lymphatic drainage and is actually quite good for people who are on the Autism spectrum, or who, like me, have other sensory conditions like Sensory Integration Disorder.  As far as I understand, the method is quite simple; just brush towards your heart. 

I baulked at the price of the recommended brush, so went in search of an Iris priced body brush online. I found a variety of options but finally settled on one that I thought would suite me.

I have small hands so I always have to be mindful of the size of these sorts of products. The product can be lovely but if I can't hold it, it's kind of pointless really.

The H&S branded two pack of body brushes I found on Amazon for £5.99 was exactly what I needed.


They are round, made of bamboo and the perfect level of firmness for me, which is a little bit firmer than a baby's hair brush but less than a nail brush. Also they don't shed. I have not tried them wet but I've tried them for dry brushing on my arms and legs and Mr C brushed my back for me. It felt incredible. It really worked well to get rid of dry skin on my back, and being of a generally itchy disposition, it really hit the spot on that front too. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and I saw immediate improvement after one use. My skin felt softer and less bumpy. 

I am very impressed with the quality!