Saturday 11 January 2014

Fish n' Chips and Brand New Boots

This week, at the insistence of Mr C, I ventured out into the cold. I have not been sleeping overly well, so I have been even more recluse than usual.

I was going to go out for the day on Thursday and visit the Science Museum, but then I saw on Twitter that Louise from SprinkleofGlitter may be going, so I decided to skip it. (I do not want to seem like a stalker and also want to avoid being among a large group of stalkers).

Mr C called me and suggested I go into London and meet him after work. I thought it was a great idea and so I put on some makeup (rather successfully, I might add) took the tram, train and tube required. He works near New Scotland Yard, so I got to see the sign. I thought it would be bigger - it's quite piddly. I wanted to take a picture but there were TV crews and tourists so I skipped it.

Mr C took me to the cutest little traditional English Chippy called The Laughing Halibut, and we had Fish n' Chips with mushy peas for an early dinner. I was so delish!!

I had the Halibut. It was very good. 
After dinner, we decided to walk around a bit, something we enjoy doing in London - just walking and exploring a little. And then I saw cosmetics and skincare (House of Fraser I think) so I just had to go in. We looked around and my patient and sweet husband did not complain at all.

I did not buy anything.

A few paces later, we passed a Clarks. There was a sale. I had to go in. I needed new boots. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm not just saying that. I do not wear heels and do not own very many shoes. (I was never really into shoes much, but I'm girlier now, so that may change). We did not find anything that fitter or suited me in the sale, so Mr C said "you don't have to buy something just because it is on sale and just because it is on sale does not make it a bargain."

He steered me away form the sale shoes towards the regular priced boots on the shelves and picked up a pair of gorgeous boots (the nicest ones on the shelf) and said "What about these. They are the same price as the ones on sale."


I tried them on and he bought them for me.

And he wonders why I like to take him shopping. He has way better taste than me and has an eye for nice stuff. ( he does complain about being dragged everywhere and being a coat rack, but he's married and that is part of the deal. Isn't it?)

All in all, it was a worthwhile evening. We got to spend some relaxing time out together. I loved it.