Monday 13 January 2014

A Few Little Things from Boots - Mini Review

Last weekend, I popped into Boots with Mr C (Now you see why he hates shopping with me). I was quite good and only bought two things.

One was a Tangle Teezer. A pink one.

This one.
I have used it. on dry hair, in the shower and on damp hair. It works really well and gets knots out without undue pain and suffering. I have a great deal of long thick curly hair that is currently misbehaving in the most dire way due to the pregnancy thing. I had hoped it would miraculously go dead-straight, like it was pre-puberty, but alas it's just dried out and stayed as fluffy and everywhere as always.

I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone with unruly hair. I must confess, I did not want the pink one. I wanted the purple one with sparkly bits in. Boots was out of stock. I did not feel like waiting, so I took the colour they had.

The second thing I bought was a gift box of eyeliners from Soap & Glory.

Purty!

I have never bought S&G cosmetics before. In fact, I think this is the first S&G product I have ever bought. As it says on the tin, literally (it's a metal tin), there are three eye shadow colours and 5 eyeliner colours. 

I have swatched everything, but I haven't played around with it too much yet. I wore the brown eyeliner on Thursday when I went out to meet Mr C, along with one of the eye shadow colours. 

The eyeliner is quite smooth, but I did struggle with the application a little bit. My lids were a bit oily, I think, and so the product took more effort to apply than if they had been dry. Having said that, It did come out rather well and I was quite pleased with it. 

The shadow was just perfect; a lovely colour that went on without hassle, without too much or too little product and without fall out. I am not the best at application, and am still learning, so for me to be able to tell the difference between that shadow and all the other stuff I have says something.

All in all, Soap and Glory has made its mark and I will definitely be exploring more of this delightful range in the future.