Saturday 23 March 2013

The Unsmiling Picture

Yesterday, I decided to take a photo of myself. It was an honest portrayal of what I look like right now - no makeup, no smile, no flattering camera angles; a before picture if you will.

I posted this picture in the blog, on Google+ and on Facebook. The main responses were to ask why I was not smiling.

The simple answer is: you'll see. There is a plan. There will be more pictures, some with makeup, some with smiles, but no interesting camera angles. I am not gifted in the photography department and and just grateful the picture was in focus in the first place.

So here is picture number 1:





Last night, I did the following to my skin:

I used the Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula.














Then I used the Salon Creative Green Tea and Jasmine Oriental Clay Mask.














After rinsing that off with hot water and a face cloth, I cleansed my face with the Tesco Cucumber range of facewash, cleanser and toner.




To moisturise, I used the Boots Botanics Radiant Youth Serum and night cream.













I woke up this morning with my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Today, I didn't do the whole cleansing routine. I just used a cleansing wipe, some toner, then applied the Boots Botanics Serum, followed by the day cream.

I know it's not perfect, but it's a start.

Please let me know what your thoughts are, what products you would recommend for dehydrated, combination dry to normal skin (with some occasional oiliness around the T-zone). Don't forget to tell me how often I should use them and how to achieve the best results. Just assume I was born yesterday and don't know anything.

Anyway, here's how I look now. Do you see a difference?