Thursday 28 March 2013

It All Ends In Tears

Yesterday, I went into Boots to do a bit of shopping. I think it was the first time in years that I went shopping not because I really needed something, or to get something specific. I went just for fun and bought a few little things, which I will go though in a blog soon.

I came home and painted my nails with Collection 2000 Praline Whirl. In short, the nail polish did not last the day; probably because of the work I do. Nonetheless, it chipped and flaked and I took it off as soon as I got  home, but that is not what this post is about.

This morning, I decided to wear makeup for a change. It all went rather well, but then... disaster!

Okay I'm exaggerating, hugely.

The problem is, basically, that when I put on eye makeup, my eyes water, and continue to leak like a tap for an inappropriately long time (about an hour or so) . I'm convinced that it must be the eyeliner I am using (Revlon ColorStay liquid liner). My eyes also tend to go quite red while this is going on, so I look like I'm crying and I just dab my eyes with a tissue so my makeup does not get destroyed. It's very annoying. It's also quite uncomfortable since the skin around the outside of my eyes starts to sting until it all settles down and I can get on with my life.

I did not put any eyeliner on my water line; it was just an ever-so-thin line on the lash line. Also, the liner was bought in the last few months so it's relatively new.

Am I allergic to this product?

I really hope not because I'm really rather attached to Revlon liners, and have been using them for years (on the rare occasion I have worn makeup, it has always included either pencil or liquid liner by Revlon).

I want to solve this problem, and not by avoiding eyeliner all together, although that my be a good solution in the interim.

Do let me know what you think in the comments below, and please suggest a viable alternative that won't cost me too much.