Friday 22 March 2013

Addicted to YouTube

As I mentioned in my last post, I am 35 years old and am a beauty noob. So a few weeks ago, I decided to go on this taking care of myself kick and discovered I know none of the things I should at my age.

My solution - YouTube.

It has a wealth of information, objective reviews and helpful tutorials on everything from skincare routines to nail polish, fashion and, well pretty much you name it, you can find it on YouTube. I have tried this before, but I never really got that into it so it didn't last. Now I have started watching not only beauty channels, but spending an inordinate amount of time watching the widest array or random vlogs and videos online. Does this make me stranger than I was before or am I just a late bloomer catching up to the rest of the world?

Either way, It has resulted in the inevitable temptation to post on YouTube myself, but as I have very little of substance to say and ranting is not a particularly uplifting outlet, I think I may resist.

Also, I "screen tested" myself on my tablet and I really don't record well. I look flabby and my skin looks oh-so-shockingly bad. It was a cringe-worthy experience... but gave me an idea ... so we'll see if I do anything about it, but I digress, which I am prone to doing. So back on point:

I have been watching several beauty and makeup channels and they have been quite helpful. I should be taking notes because there is so much to take in, especially with the bigger haul videos where a lot is being said. It kind of also makes you want to go out and buy stuff, so that's not good; although considering my meagre collection of stuff, maybe not so bad either.

I think that at this point it would be appropriate to link to the channels I subscribe to and have found useful and interesting so far, so here goes:




Fleur De Force - I just love her style!






Essie-Button - Quirky, funny and just my kinda girl!






I have started visiting channels recommended by them, so the list will grow soon and I will update accordingly.

Anyway, that's my story for today.