Sunday 5 August 2018

She is Frickin' Cute and I Adore her

On the 27th of April, by Caesarean section, my sweet little Imogen Enye was born.
She weighed 3.160kg and has filled our lives with even more love.

Liora loves her sister, despite having had a bit of an adjustment and going through a bit of a tough time with being two going on three.

As I said in my previous post, I struggled with pregnancy, but I am glad to say that our little addition, which has completed our family, is incredibly cute.

At three months, she laughs and smiles and plays with her doll and her dragon fly and her "O" ball, shaking it so it will rattle. She is cute and cuddly and bright as a button (a really shiny one).



There are challenges and difficulties, not least of which being Imogen's ability to shred ear drums with her screams; a talent which she exercises often since she has a combination of reflux and colic. 

The colic means that every night, like clockwork, at around eight pm or thereabouts, She screams like a B-grade horror actress.

Infacol helps. Gaviscon helps. Having cut out all dairy helps.

She has gone through degrees of suffering. She started screaming for hours on end, then I cut out dairy and started her on her regime of "meds". She got somewhat better; much better, in fact. To the point that I thought she had adjusted enough to reintroduce some dairy from time to time. Then she got sick and had to go on antibiotics for a week. I think that had an impact on her gut bacteria and colic levels. So now it's a nightly battle and challenge to find the quickest, most efficient way to soothe her poor little tummy so she doesn't suffer so terribly (and deafen us and our long-suffering, very understanding neighbours - who incidentally, have adopted our cat, Wednesday. She is boycotting us at the moment).

We have also had a heatwave, a really long and uncomfortable heatwave that neither me nor my kids are particularly loving.

Mr C hates it too. A lot.

All in all, my girls, my Team Awesome Gorgeous give me more joy than I could ever have imagined (and more stress, anxiety, frustration, and sleeplessness). The pangs of guilt when I look at my beauty collection or think of my blog have gradually lessened, but my desire to write is starting to resurface. I am going to go on a bit of a tangent with this blog and just write about random stuff for a while and see how it feels.

Read it.
Don't read it.
I don't mind.