Saturday 3 January 2015

Skin Pep Brightening Enzyme & Acid Peel Review

Last year, I decided to try out this whole beauty box story, and although the boxes themselves have been quite handy for storage (go figure), I was not entirely impressed with my little experiment.

The box I went with was a three-month Glossy Box subscription. I don't think I've really tried any of the stuff I got, so I decided it was time to get on with it and give one of the skincare samples a whirl. 

The September Glossy Box (my last one) included some peels from Skin Pep.

I decided to try one last night.

It did not blow my mind. In fact, I don't think I saw a difference, but that's just me.

The inci list is quite impressive, with peptides Glycolic and Lactic acids, vitamin C and enzymes, fruit extracts and other nice things, so I don't think it did any harm.

It didn't feel bad, but my skin has been very dull and unhappy lately, so I was hoping for a bit more zing and pop. I mean it does say it's a brightening peel.

The Skin Pep Brightening Enzyme & Acid Peel has a gel texture with a mild aroma which I can't describe but is not offensive and I would say pleasant.

The 3.5ml sachet is plenty for a face application, which you massage into your face to remove dead skin and then leave for a few minutes. The product dries and you can wet your face to reactivate it. Then you wipe it off. There is no peeling per se. It felt like a mask to me.

I was a bit apprehensive to try it because of the hardcore nature of the product implied by the packaging. I was more than a little disappointed that it appeared to do nothing at all.

I did not feel any difference. If anything, it was a bit drying for me, but that may be because I left it on for the "deeper peeling" time. If you have oily skin it may be what you're after. It's just not for me.

I have another sachet, but I doubt that I will see any miracles, so it's probably best to avoid it.

Verdict: Meh...

What are your favourite masks, peels and treatments?

I'm quite keen to explore!