Thursday 21 May 2015

Mr C and his Big Adventure

Mr C went to South Africa last week.

He went for one week.
His parents were moving from JHB to Cape Town and his mum had never moved so far in her life.
She was taking a lot of strain and her stress was really upsetting him.

He is a really good son and a really kind person, so he decided, he wasn't going to let his mother suffer. He booked a flight and off he went to save the day.

And save the day, he did.

Naturally his mum tried to feed him constantly, between nagging him repeatedly and generally driving him nuts, although with great quantities of love and gratitude. He took it in his stride because he could see she was on the verge of a mini-meltdown.

Between them, they got everything done and ready for the movers, and Ma and Pa C are now hopefully enjoying the sun and the beach in the fairest Cape.

It wasn't all work for Mr C, though. He did manage to see some of our old friends and to spend some time with my mum and brother.

Driving around JHB was not a very happy experience for my husband. The state of the city would apparently make me sad. With power cuts and potholes, crime and disrepair, it is not an easy place to live. The people are still warm and friendly, the weather is still idyllic; It's just a pity about the management.

Despite this, he also got to do a little bit of shopping, when the shopping centre had electricity (he went with an empty suitcase), including buying me the most beautiful cashmere pashmina I have ever seen. Nice and warm for UK winter. So soft and lovely. I can't wait to wear it. Mr C has incredible taste (which is a problem because I generally try to force him to go shopping with me and he hates it).

The week without my sweety pie was not easy. It was also not the end of the world. We Skyped and Whatsapped every day, which makes one appreciate technology so much.

I missed him very much and I am very glad he is home.

He isn't allowed to go away again for a while. Mr C has a very clingy wife.

FYI - I really like my mother in law - I am one of the lucky ones who scored with a nice husband and a lovely mother in law.

I will definitely show you the beautiful exquisite blanket Ma C knitted. Oh my goodness! I have never seen anything like it. She even chose the colours based on the palate I like. Plus she sent me her boy back in one piece - tired, but whole.

Thanks Ma! *hugs n' kisses*


That's all for now.
Bye