Monday 8 December 2014

Today I Blogged

Sometimes I feel like I start every post with an apology and it feels like a confession.
This blog is irregular. That's just the way it is. 

It's been almost eight months since I lost my girl and it's not getting any easier to cope.

In the last two months, I've tried a few things to move forward and get out and about. For a start, I got a job at a primary school, thinking I would go into teaching. That did not work out. I lasted two whole weeks before I just couldn't handle the chaos any more. So I started working part time for a company with local offices. That lasted a month. I resigned today. Lesson of the day - do not try to work for a company  that does things differently and feels chaotic and confusing, if you are barely hanging on to your own sanity. 

We've also adopted a little pug puppy. Her name is Pugsleigh and she is very sweet, apart from when she terrorises the cat and is hyper an naughty. She is small and cuddly and smart as a whip. She can already sit stay and lie down. It's very sweet.

On the health side of things, scans have confirmed that I have a 5mm kidney stone that is not blocking or causing mayhem, so they have decided to leave it be and check it out in a year's time. They also found a benign 2.4cm growth on my adrenal gland, but haven't said anything about it. I have completed all the tests related to my breathing and should get an answer tomorrow.

I have finished the physiotherapy from my whiplash injury from the September car accident and have also completed all the tests to find out why we are struggling to conceive. Everything came back clear and normal. 

My consultant recommended I lose weight to help with that, so I was referred to Weight Watchers. I joined two and a half weeks ago and lost four pounds in my first week and two pounds last week. My weigh-ins are on Wednesday nights, which, strangely enough, is a really good day for it. 

The weather has changed and the cold has set in. I have not kept up with my skincare and my nails are badly bitten down.

I've bought myself an entry level DSLR Canon Camera (1200D) in the hope of motivating me to do more blogwise. Mr C also bought me a new laptop (a lovely little HP) - mine was more than 4 years old. 

I make no promises on regularity, or anything else for that matter.

All I can say is today, I blogged.

See you next time.