Wednesday 20 November 2013

More Shopping!!

I've been a little sick for a while and getting up and out of the house hasn't been all that easy.
The sudden freezing turn in the weather has not helped matters either. Mr C has been super-understanding and supportive.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I quit smoking when I got the flu in October and I'm still going strong in that regard *pat on back*.

The last blog was about me trying to find a healthier, cleaner alternative to my skincare routine. I went shopping with Mr C over the weekend and he suggested we try Lush. What a genius he is!

It was my first time buying anything from Lush and it was like being a kid in a candy store. It was yummy smelling and awesome. I got a moisturiser and a toner, but took cleanser samples because I just couldn't choose.

Mr C suggested that since we had chosen Lush stuff and not Ren and Liz Earle or Clarins etc, and had therefore saved a lot of money, that I get a few bath things as well. I got a few (4 I think) and have used one already - So relaxing!

Today, I decided I had been home-bound for long enough and I would go out come hell or high water (literally - it was raining and there was even hail before I left the house, which stopped just before I left)

My first stop was Primark. I bought some new face cloths and a cute little beanie to keep my noggin warm. It has a bobble on the end and its blue. I didn't really look at anything else. the Croydon Primark has the most awful vibe and I do not enjoy shopping there, plus, I generally don't find anything useful there becasue most things are just too small.

Then I went to Lush to buy the cleanser I had chosen and got a free sample of soap (yay! I love presents).
The ladies in the shop were very friendly and helpful, both times I visited the store. they had a great deal of product knowledge and provided me with excellent advice.

I wondered around a few shops - okay, not really. I went to Superdrug and left empty-handed, had a look in Holland and Barrett with the same result. I went to M&S and picked up a few things.

The afternoon ended with a long-delayed beauty buying expeditions at Boots. I showed restraint and did not overspend my budget. I bought some Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows and a Max-Factor bronzer. I also bought a new makeup brush to apply said bronzer.

All in all, today was a good day. *happiness*